Impact on Las Vegas Family Court Due To The Coronavirus
In order to protect the community, as of March 13th, 2020 the Las Vegas Family Courthouse has issued an administrative order which will alter court procedures indefinitely in response to the current coronavirus pandemic.
Here’s what you can expectation going forward until we hear differently:
- Starting March 16th all currently scheduled hearings will be conducted either by video or telephone appearance. Decisions made by the court will be decided based on the pleadings and the motions that have been filed with the court. This decision will alleviate the need for the public and their attorneys to go into the courthouse.
- Certain scheduled hearings that are not essential or detrimental will be rescheduled to a later date.
- The Family Law Self-Help Center will stop providing in-person services to the public and will instead provide services by way of email or telephone calls.
- The Family Mediation Center will also stop providing in-person mediations and will conduct mediations only by way of telephone or video appearances.
- Child interviews or Parent-Child Observations will be canceled and will be referred back to the court department so that the judge can order further instructions or different orders as to how to handle those.
- Donna’s House will also stop providing supervised visitations. All cases also will be referred back to the judge for further instructions and further orders.
These are just a few of the current changes to the Las Vegas family court as of March 13, 2020. Be sure to consult an attorney for the full, and most recent changes and how they may impact your specific situation. The current arrangement is also subject to change per the discretion of the court and health officials. As such, we do not currently have a set date as to when in-person appearances will resume.
This is an ever-changing situation, and it is important for your safety and for the safety of others to be informed on these changes and how they may affect your current or future case. Please do not hesitate to contact our office for the most accurate and updated information, or to schedule a phone consultation to discuss your particular situation in depth. To reach our office, contact us at (702) 998-1188, email@example.com, or schedule a phone consultation online.